What software do I need to mine Bitcoin?
When you buy a mining rig it is designed to do one thing and one thing only. Its made to run hard, and run fast, an algorithm. Each coin has its own mining software that is easy to install, but you might need someone familiar with computers to troubleshoot any networking issues. The software is free and easy to install. Most contractors will build the mining rigs based on your power supply, cooling ability and the type of coin you want to mine.
Applications would be installed on a mining rig. Powers supply and economy determine hash rate. Most are open source and free, though you might need a professional to install them. Mining software is different than your basic wallet. Here are some links to help you find the right programs to use to mine cryptocurrency.
Main page: Mining software
- BFGMiner – Modular ASIC/FPGA/GPU miner in C
- Bitcoin Miner by GroupFabric – Free easy-to-use DirectX GPU miner on the Windows Store
- CGMiner – ASIC/FPGA/GPU miner in C
- MacMiner – A native Mac OS X Bitcoin miner based on cgminer, bfgminer, cpuminer and poclbm
- Asteroid – Mac-specific GUI based on cgminer
- MultiMiner – GUI based on cgminer/bfgminer for Windows, OS X and Linux, allows switching between currencies based on profitability